Whether at home or in the workplace, hardwood flooring is the perfect solution in a…
If you have tile or vinyl flooring, then you have yielded a traditional mop and bucket of hot water to clean your floor’s surface effectively. Lots of people enjoy mopping because it gives them a sense of fulfillment and makes their flooring sparkle. However, mopping is now being replaced by steam cleaning.
Steam Cleaning is Rising in Popularity
Steam cleaning is not a new floor cleaning method, but it is rising in popularity. Nowadays, with dual-career households, people don’t have the time needed to mop every surface of a floor. With mopping, you have to fill a large bucket with soapy water and then carry it around your home. Who has the energy for that chore after a long day at work? Steam cleaning is fast and efficient.
Steam Cleaning vs. Traditional Mopping
Here are a few other reasons why you might want to consider throwing your mop away for steam cleaning:
- No Cleaner Required: Floor cleaners are notorious for containing harsh chemicals, bust steam cleaning uses hot water and is eco-friendly The steam reaches a temperature that exceeds boiling and effectively kills 99.9 percent of all germs, so there is no reason to use a cleaner. Steam cleaning is just cleaner than traditional mopping. After you clean your floor using steam, it will contain no harmful chemicals or germs. Many new parents love this aspect of steam cleaning when they have a new baby who will be crawling and playing on the floor’s surface. Pet owners also appreciate the chemical-free cleanliness achieved by a steam cleaner.
- Cost Efficient: There is no reason to buy expensive floor cleaners, so you ultimately save money when you steam clean your floor.
- Deeper Clean: You get a much deeper clean using a steam cleaner which reaches all of the crevices and grooves of a floor’s surface. Also, if you opt to have a professional steam cleaning company clean your floor’s surface, then you know that you have indeed achieved a deep clean.
- Not Just About Tile and Vinyl: A steam cleaner cleans carpets, hard-surface flooring, and even upholstery with special attachments. You can effortlessly reap the benefits of a ‘whole house’ clean.
- Dries Quickly: Steam cleaning dries quickly on a floor’s surface and leaves no areas saturated with moisture.
- No Scrubbing: Hard-to-remove stains are frustrating. A traditional mop won’t lift away such a spot, so you have to get down on your hands and knees to scrub the problem area. However, a steam cleaner can efficiently remove a difficult stain and ground in dirt.
- Size: With a traditional mop you have to store the mop and the large bucket, but a steam cleaner is small. Many models fold up, and some can be hung from a hook in the wall. Overall, they take up very little space.
If you still don’t want to get rid of your traditional mop and bucket, then why not do both? If you are pinched on time, then you can use a steam cleaner to make your floors shine. However, if you want to use a mop to lift away dirt and grime from your flooring, then you could focus on traditional mopping once or twice a month. Ultimately, you can combine old with new methods to achieve wonderfully clean floors using steam cleaning and traditional mopping.
Our partners Bock’s Steam Star has a special steam cleaning offer so you can see the awesome benefits of steam cleaning for yourself.